Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proof in the Pudding!

This is it people! The actual document! Funny how filling out the Master Business License os so much more challenging than this one was. DO I or don't I want Worker's Compensation? How do I fill that out? What category does using goats for brush management fall under? Soil remediation? Land clearing? Oy! Crazy stuff! Even the SCORE consultant has to research it. Funny too how the other day I was talking to to one of the owners of the cupcake shop I go to and he was asking me if I knew about the SBA office down the street. Of course I do! And wholeheartedly referred him there. They have been open almost 1 1/2 years and he wants someone to look over the financials and make sure they are reasonable etc. They are hoping to be making a profit by May 2011 - 2 years. Although the profit didn't look very big for this business the first year - it was definitely there. whew!
Then last night I was talking to my friend in FL and she just had her 1st meeting with her SCORE consultants about her horse boarding/ activity center and she was stoked about it! She has a class on Equine Business Management next quarter and she will have the jump on it. Plus she is going to forward anything useful in terms of spreadsheets etc. to me as well. And I put her in touch with my cousin who is practically running a boarding stable in Western PA by herself - so there is lots of mutual support happening across the states.
The other really funny thing is that now that people I know are hearing all about my business, they are hearing about goats all over the place. A colleague this morning just told me about how she was talking with either a neighbor or a friend about how they were going to get this other outfit to come out with goats and she suggested waiting for me! Hahahaha! This other outfit is the one that denied leaving behind a goat from a job last month in a neighborhood near me. I will be the better "goat lady."
I also went a couple feed stores the other day and can't wait to go back with the money to actually buy the stuff! I tried on a pair of Muck Boots and they are more comfy than my Doc Martens. wheee! I really can't wait to get these few things done this month so that I can start focusing on the truck and the land for the goats. Not that I'm not doing some of that now, but I really want this other stuff done before so that I can focus better. Too many things competing for my attention at the same time. And I got the manual from Tammy as well - yay! Some things still missing but hopefully together we can make it even more kick-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment