Saturday, October 9, 2010

Excited!

I am getting all excited again! This week has been super stressful at my day job but some cool things are happening. I met with the SCORE guy on Thursday morning and he said I am doing really well. Funny how I get more praise from a guy I have met 3 times than from the boss I have had for 7 years....that day was particularly horrible on the job - and nothing to do with the homeless, drug addicted, mentally ill clients I see. Friday I talked to Tammy and although we aren't going to meet until next week, I am all excited after talking to her. Apparently she is getting calls for small jobs and she is telling them to call back next year! I am (in reference only) mentioned in the coverage she got in the Vashon paper. We also talked about me getting some hands on experience with innoculations and hoof-trimming and me helping her set up a job as well as actually caretaking for her so she can get a couple days off while on that job. I could pee myself I am so excited! 3 days overnight with a bunch of goats? Seriously? Who knew this was my idea of heaven?!
I was at a party the other night and was talking to someone i hadn't had contact with in quite a while and talking to her and her husband about the goat idea got them excited and me all wound up again. And I was talking to my dad today and he seems almost as excited as I am -and he's the one with the dough! 6 months ago I had no idea what I was going to do to get any kind of relief from my job, now I am planning on 15 goats and my own business. My heart is just overflowing with gratitude for my circumstances.
Tomorrow I head up to Arlington with my cousin to help out at New Moon Goat Rescue & Sanctuary. Gotta get my goat fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment