Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Keep On Truckin'

There is so much to do. Dad and I figured out when & how much money he is giving/loaning me. I have projected out Year 2 totals on a spreadsheet. I have asked to reduce my hours come the beginning of the year. I am looking at how to leverage some dinky retirement accounts for more money. I am trying to figure out how to get out of work on Monday night so that I can go to a farmers function. teehee. A farmer's function. That sounds so silly. Oh I need to send out the email about the names for the business for one last go round of input. I want to smell the hay and dirt. I want things to be simpler. The complexities and ever-changing rules about my job are like pumice stone on my soul.
The questions that keep coming up for me are not only around getting a business together at all but also what needs to be different because of the nature of the business. I am going to talk to Tammy more next week and I am need to get clear about what I need from her in order to really be putting things in place. I really need to start working the goats in March and I get nervous that I am somehow being lazy and won't get it all ready by then. In some ways it seems so simple but then there are details and things that take time to get done - like finding a place for the goats. This is my big hang-up right now. I am starting to feel like I am not doing enough in the this area. But I am not really sure where to start. That's not entirely true. I did come up with some ideas with my coach. But I have to act on them.One would be getting Monday night off of work so that I can go mingle with farmers. In West Seattle of all places.

Ok. Gotta figure out what my next step is - I thought I had it earlier but it escapes me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment