Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Breathe

Ok...I am back from the brink. I realized that this is really all part of the process of being first...not everything is in place and numbers get added weird until they are all laid out. I was able to print out some stuff Tammy sent the other day and it makes much more sense than trying to look back and forth on the computer. Having a real calculator helps too, technology is great and all but sometimes you just need pages laid out in front of you and a calculator that isn't on a screen to make it all work. I think that panic is part of the process as well, the process of starting any new business. I have a start point for the business, but you know, I won't start until I have it good to go(at).
Bad puns I think are part of this particular process as well. It's interesting to see how I go about things. Especially with Facebook, I have ways of soliciting people I know for all kinds of information and feedback. But do I really need all of that information? Am I not capable of figuring things out myself? Isn't this my thing? I think that some of the panic I felt last night is also about doing this on my own...this really is my thing, my business, my work that will make it happen. I am like that in general, always looking for what others think, soliciting opinions and discounting or giving short shrift to or failing to really look at what I want and think.I don't trust my own creativity in this. Of course some of it is really fun - like brainstorming names for the business. Do I really 20 opinions on which laptop to get? Not so much.

That's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment