Monday, April 25, 2011

Job One

Ok it has been over a month since I have posted and a lot has been going on. I have completed my first job. Or I should say finished. It wasn't really complete. A lot of stuff got in the way and I have offered the customer to come back and finish at a reduced cost due to delays out of my control. Such as the hedge-trimmer attachment being delayed and then unable to pick it up the morning of the job due to a crime at the shop the night before. And a loose goat that caused me to miss a ferry and delayed me an additional hour. And I had a promo event that took 2 goats off the job for about 7 hours - and with a small herd that matters. And those 2 goasts got stuck in the truck for an aditional 45 min- 1 hr due to my failing to tie up some fencing that then trapped them by keeping the door from opening. I had to call my friend Juliet's hubby and his pal to come help rescue them/me. Not exactly the chillin' with the goats scenario I had imagined.


The night before the job was supposed to have started I was a bundle of nerves. Anxiety off the charts. I wanted to take some of the valium I use for airline travel but I was nervous that I would be too sleepy in the morning. I have a bad habit of running through all the most horrible things that could ever possibly happen and then worrying about them. None of those things happened...other things did and I managed them. Maybe not perfectly but it was my first time and honestly, just getting that first job done was a big relief. I will be so afraid of screwing thing up that it sometimes becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Interlude....I had a great post all written out and then the internet cut out before I could post it so this is as far as the auto-recover got me....I am truly pissed off about this as it has happened before and if I put the effort into writing I don't want technology screwing with me. grrrrr!

THat's all for now, I don't hav ethe energy to re-create it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment