Friday, March 4, 2011

Moving along

I have been feeling overwhelmed again. So much to do and the fact that I am still working my emotionally stressful job takes it out of me. Thhe good news is that my father and brother are coming to town next weekend and I am hoping that with a 4 day weekend and help from them, I can feel like I am on top of some things. Like getting the power tools. Getting the truck capable of transporting the goats and equipment. Getting a home base picked out and maybe some building done if needed. My brother is bringing his pro video camera and will be taking footage for the documentary. I'm not really kidding actually. And he isn't the first one to think of it. When I first met Tammy's sister, she was talking about how Tammy should be documenting the first affiliate experience. Too bad Tammy will likely be crazed when they are here - getting ready to leave for Australia to hopefully start her first international affiliate.

I still think there is value in documenting what I am doing as I think this idea will spread and others will likely be in my situation - wanting to do it but having absolutely nothing to start with. It seems that right now other folks who might be interested already have a farm and goats and a truck and some power tools. I am a city girl making a transition and the biggest challenge is that my days are generally filled with other work that keeps my rent & bills paid and gives me health insurance. I can't afford to leave it and go full tilt into this venture until I figure out if I can sustain myself with it. Such a balancing act. Have I mentioned that my balance is a little wonky?

I went out to visit my boys over at Tammy's place today. It was a rough week and I needed some time with the animals out in the country. The calf was a big slobber mouth and would hardly leave me alone when I got there. She is awfully cute but I was there for the goats. Even though Griffin has siblings there, he is so bonded to his pal Stanley that they follow each other around. They curl up together in the corner, often with Stanley around Griffin who is scrunched up against the wall. George and HoneyBear are the other team. Bear seems to be managing his bullying behavior with the other big goats around, and the calf. They seemed a little bored today since it was raining and they were mostly inside - George and Bear were trying to eat the walls. There is a shelf that runs along the length of one of the walls of the one stall and the goats love getting up on it in a line - head to butt. At one point all 4 of my boys were up there but it was too dark to take a picture with my phone camera. I think I met the next 2 who will be mine. If it is them they are super sweet. They have similar coloring to Bear but longer ears and one doesn't have horns. They are smaller too, yearlings I think. I don't actually remember how old Bear and George are. I think Tammy told me.

I also went out to check out my first potential job today! Woohoo! The woman was really cool. I think it will be a good first job. I have to figure out doing the estimate now. Zoinks! I also need to figure out my "test run" sites. Tomorrow will give me some daylight to check out the more complex one. I'll be there for a party and use the opportunity to check it out. Nat is working on modifying the design for truck signage and I'll need to get a banner done as well soon. The place I am getting this stuff done is pretty quick so that is a real plus. I have almost 70 fans on my Facebook page as well (www.facebook.com/amazingrazersllc)! People are awesome! I still can't get over the fact that people will just invite you into their houses and give out addresses and such for this business. It almost freaks me out. I am so used to managing privacy stuff and being uber careful about talking about people but in this kind of business people talking is what you want. As long as you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment