Friday, November 12, 2010

Great big decisions

I am struggling a bit I must admit. I have slacked on looking at the property in Everett where I might be able to get free grazing rights in return for managing the blackberries on the acerage. I can't imagine having to haul up 30 min to feed and socialize with the goats in the crappy weather that is supposed to come this winter and then return home 30 min away again. Part of the point of all this is really to BE WITH the goats. And I am feeling like I really want to be with them more than not as I am new to all of this. I want to make sure I am checking on them frequently and know when something might be going wrong sooner rather than later. So it looks like I may have to making a move out of the city. I have been resisting this but I really think it needs to be done. I found a listing north of Seattle which might work - but it's only an online view. The lovely Juliet has given me her real estate agents info and I have emailed him. Gotta get going on this. I need to get my laptop, my truck etc. as well before the end of the year. Working 5 days a week is really hindering this process. Although the hit to my bank account will be noticeable when I reduce my hours. Managing all the details seems a bit much but I know when I get a couple of the big things done I will feel better. The logo is being worked on, I have someone to help with the website and hosting etc. If I did move north, there are definitely people I can count on up there. I want to have an official "launching" party as well. I think that would be super fun. I keep thinking of marketing gimmicks like magnets, pens etc. The whole idea of getting my own place scares me a bit - a lot of change all at once. I guess it may just be the time to dive right in to everything! Ok. Gotta get the laptop this weekend. Get one thing done. Anything. Visit some goats. Buy my Muckboots. Maybe a pocketknife as well. Yeah...that's the ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment